What is Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Services?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Services is an analytics and reporting solution that serves an entire organization’s strategic and analytic needs. It offers agile visual analytics, powerful self-service data discovery and operational analysis to provide insights into business practices. From a centralized management hub, users get scalable, secure and reliable performance that is easy to use for any level of data literacy.
The business suite offers users an end-to-end, integrated system that provides users insight into their company from a centralized hub. Users can create visuals, collaborate on reports and make better data-driven decisions.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Services?
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Services
- Business Insights: Offers users the ability to get a deeper understanding of what is happening in their business on a day-to-day basis as well as from a broad overview perspective.
- Strategic Predictions: Using historical data, users can make more accurate predictions and forecasts of future business results.
- Smart Visualizations: Users can create stunning graphics with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface and easily adjust layouts. The solution offers users the optimal visualization for the type of data selected, but users can also change the visualization type to view data from multiple angles.
- Interconnected Interface: Data and visualizations are tied together. Therefore, highlighting data within a certain visual automatically highlights correlating data in other visuals, easily revealing patterns and trends that may not have been obvious.
- Ease of Use: Simple, clean UI offers easy navigation through the homepage, answers page and dashboards. Nesting and borders in the interface help users stay focused on the data instead of distracting elements of the application.
Industry ExpertiseOracle is one of the largest providers of business software in a variety of platforms including CRM, ERP, supply chain management and more. It serves a huge range of industries and customers worldwide.
- Visual Analytics: Creates graphical visualizations of data to make analyzing insights faster, easier and more accessible.
- Connected Interface: Data and all visualizations are all tied together, and changes or highlighting in one will be mirrored in the others. This dynamic experience lets visualizations function as connected filters and guiding users through their exploration.
- Data Blending: Infers correlations between data sets to easily mash personal with managed data. Extends dimensions to add facts or improve the timeliness and relevance of analysis.
- Mobile Application: Provides an agile mobile experience spanning users’ data portfolio that offers a consistent interface with the desktop application. Users can access analytics instantly on any device.
- Range of Report Types: The system offers a variety of report types including ad-hoc queries and analysis, enterprise reporting, dashboards, mobile analytics, multidimensional OLAP, scorecards and predictive analytics.
- BI Server: In-memory optimizations provide quick rollups, powerful compression, faster rollups and sophisticated memory usage for a range of data sizes.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Oracle BI requires intensive metadata modeling and therefore is not user-friendly
- The solution does not provide an automated data dictionary to store volumes of data
- Not well suited for running complex queries such as unions
- Does not provide an intuitive UI for easy navigation
- Requires extensive support by internal IT teams for installation, support and maintenance
Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Services Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users cannot email support directly. Support should be contacted through the Oracle support portal.
phonePhone: Users can contact support by phone at 1 (800) 392-2999.
schoolTraining: Users can access a variety of training resources through the Oracle University portal. These include learning subscriptions, classroom training, training on demand, live virtual classes, self-study courses, private course events and guided learning. Some are free, and others come with a fee.
local_offerTickets: Before submitting a ticket, users are encouraged to search the Oracle knowledge base for the solution to their problem. If no answer becomes apparent, users can submit a technical support ticket by following the prompts offered by the My Oracle Support portal.
Cost of Ownership for Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Services
|Maintenance Cost||Includes software update license and support cost which is charged over and above the license cost|
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|