What is MicroStrategy?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of MicroStrategy
- Maximize Business Insights: All businesses can benefit from looking at a clearer picture of their data, revealing efficiencies — and deficiencies. By connecting to and blending many data sources as well as leveraging machine learning capabilities, MicroStrategy offers a modern solution that can assist in key decision-making as users move forward into the future.
- Speed and Performance: The platform improves performance at a database level by optimizing resource usage and limiting demanding tasks, resulting in faster response times on queries and increased productivity.
- User-Friendly: With a streamlined and familiar interface, users of all skill levels can easily access and navigate through insights while collaborating with colleagues, increasing user adoption and encouraging a more intelligent enterprise.
- Seamless Integration: The solution’s ecosystem has been developed organically so that every piece works with others seamlessly from end-to-end with a unified architecture that also integrates with leading technology systems and open-source tools.
- Improve Communication: The solution puts collaboration at the forefront of its operations, making it easy for teams to work together, discuss data points with each other and generate and share insights with others.
- Enterprise Mobility: The platform prioritizes its mobile solution that allows users to do more than just access reports on-the-go — they can build information-rich mobile apps and put BI in the hands of a mobilized workforce.
- Scalability: MicroStrategy can handle massive datasets without limitations, allowing enterprises to rapidly scale deployment whether supporting a small team o users or an organization with thousands of employees.
- Quick Deployment: With options via a commercial or private cloud, on-premises or hybrid deployment, users have the flexibility to choose the solution that matches their business. MicroStrategy has pre-configured provisioning consoles for Azure and AWS to launch the platform in minutes with minimal effort.
- Free Trial: MicroStrategy offers a free 30-day full platform trial.
- Data Preparation: After pulling data from all the sources needed, MicroStrategy wrangles and parses it in a process that automatically recommends, profiles and transforms data without needing to export it to a spreadsheet. Users can save data transformations for repeatable data preparation workflows.
- Federated Analytics: Users can leverage existing investments in trusted data sources like Tableau, Qlik and Power BI, blend information from multiple systems and build reports and insights without giving up any self-service BI solutions, enabling greater data governance across their BI tools. It can supercharge Excel sheets to analyze spreadsheets from within the interface.
- Enterprise Semantic Graph: MicroStrategy establishes an index of all data assets that integrates and embeds everywhere, enriching data silos with location intelligence and real-time telemetry, enabling greater organization-wide data visibility and integrity.
- Data Visualization: With customizable, user-friendly dossiers and dashboards, data discovery and personalized reports, users can deploy data visualizations through branded, interactive user experiences. Prebuilt grids, graphs, charts and map templates combined with advanced user controls and third-party integrations enable users to quickly build meaningful dashboards.
- Big Data: Built for enterprises, MicroStrategy’s open architecture allows users to leverage existing big data investments running on sources like Amazon, Google and Microsoft, as well as SQL, MDX, NoSQL and Hadoop technologies. Users can operationalize their data lakes with the power of analytics, resulting in greater flexibility and greater visibility into their organization’s insights as a whole.
- HyperIntelligence: With zero-click extensions, HyperIntelligence makes it so that users don’t have to look for insights — relevant and contextual insights can find them instead right where they work. It integrates with websites, applications, Excel, email inboxes, Slack and more to help users find smarter answers in a flash.
- Machine Learning: With AI-driven recommendations, voice-enabled assistant integration, natural language processing and more, MicroStrategy drives an intelligent enterprise with advanced and predictive analytics.
- Collaboration: Users can ask questions, ping colleagues with notifications in discussion threads, highlight patterns or call attention to specific data points by commenting directly within the UI. Users can share direct links via email, chat or direct invite to a personalized view of a dossier.
- Personalization: Users can apply slice-and-dice filters to a dossier to find the answers they need and share that personalized view with others. Users can also schedule and automate delivery of personalized reports across their enterprise through user preferences and security roles, ensuring that users see only the data relevant to them.
- Real-Time Alerts: Organizations can deliver in-app, browser and mobile notifications to users, keeping them up-to-date on KPIs with native push notification functionality.
- Embedded Analytics: Users can extend the reach of their analytics with embedded analytical functionality in web and applications, integrate into custom offerings with branding and white label tools, or enhance MicroStrategy with third-party capabilities.
- Digital Credentials: MicroStrategy digitizes and modernizes enterprise authentication with mobile role-based identity badges tied to users’ smartphones, allowing organizations to ditch security vulnerabilities through plastic ID cards, passwords and tokens.
- Web and Mobile Apps: The platform features mobile, web and desktop apps, with cross-compatibility across each of them. In addition to being able to access data from anywhere with an internet connection, users can build, test and deploy apps that accelerate their workflows.
- Does not apply machine learning techniques
- Does not support portal integration
- Is not able to point out issues in data
- Costly training modules
- High licensing fee in case of on-premise solution
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 852 reviews:
Vijay Anand and Rich Rodgers continue to do a great job crafting MicroStrategy into a best-in-class BI tool for Advanced Analytics, Data Visualization, Reporting, Security and Connectivity. MicroStrategy clearly has a deep understanding of the business needs of end-user organizations.