What is MicroStrategy?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Microstrategy is an intelligence product that best serves small and medium-sized companies. Due to its ease of use, scalability and sophisticated analytics functions, the product is one of the more popular data solutions.
The software brings a bevy of features that help it stand out from its competitors, including social intelligence, app integration, data discovery, mobile productivity and real-time telemetry. Users can easily explore data with the software’s interactive reporting tools.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use MicroStrategy?
Key differentiators & advantages of MicroStrategy
- Gain Business Insight: Businesses benefit from having a clearer picture of their enterprise by pairing data with business operations, revealing efficiencies — and deficiencies.
- Share With Ease: Data without context is dead. The software makes it easy for key decision makers to generate insights, create interactive dashboards and reports, and then share them with other decision makers.
- Stay Mobile: The software is built around its mobile platform, with features that enable and sustain report-sharing and analytics on-the-go.
- Support for Businesses of Any Size: Built for desktop, mobile and web, the product offers a large-scale self-service BI solution for all levels of users.nbsp;
Microstrategy serves a number of industries across the board, in areas like manufacturing, finance and insurance. Major clients include Vibes, Merck, Coca-Cola, AIG and AllianceBernstein.
- Social Intelligence Platform: Microstrategy pulls in data from a variety of social sources. The platform enables listening, post scheduling and rapid response to grow brand outreach.
- Real-time Telemetry: Real-time data can be processed and parsed as it is collected, enriching BI data silos.
- Blend Sources: With this software, users can combine data from over 200 sources — from social to big data and beyond — and then visualize them easily.
- Easily Clean Data: The software offers users built-in data parsing and preparation features that make it easy to modify uploaded data at-the-ready.
- Fast Dashboards: Out-of-the-box templates, combined with advanced user controls and third-party integrations, enable users to quickly build meaningful dashboards.
- Advanced Analytics: Microstrategy comes pre-loaded with over 350 analytics functions, as well as integration with the R programming language.
- Web and Mobile Apps: The product combines mobile, web and desktop apps, with cross-compatibility across each of them. Users can access their data from anywhere with internet access.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not apply machine learning techniques
- Does not support portal integration
- Is not able to point out issues in data
- Costly training modules
- High licensing fee in case of on-premise solution
Microstrategy Suite Support
Microanalytics has four different levels of support. All account levels receive phone, email, portal and liaison support, though this support is not 24/7. The highest level of support, Elite, receives all the benefits of Premier, Extended and Standard support packages, as well as unique benefits like assigned support engineers and site visits.
mail_outlineEmail: REmail support is offered on-demand to Standard support level customers. Users who elect to upgrade to extended support can get 24/7 email support. The address for support is [email protected]
phonePhone: Similar to email support, Standard customers can receive on-demand phone support by calling 703.848.8700 for North America. Extended customers and above will receive 24/7 phone support.
schoolTraining: Microstrategy offers a number of training options, the most popular among them being their Jump Start classes, which offer online training for their products. Customers can also receive individual or large-team training.
local_offerTickets: Tickets can be submitted via the product’s website at https://community.microstrategy.com/s/contactsupport
Cost of Ownership for Microstrategy
|Customization Cost||Dependent on functional requirements and specific needs of the organization. Quotation is dependent on level of customization required|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|