What is Looker?Looker is a web-based analytics solution that offers users the ability to explore, discover, visualize and share data insights. Users can view data sources and drill down into data to better understand their business and metrics.
Using a simple proprietary modeling language, this system lets users define data relationship while bypassing SQL. It facilitates data literacy and accessibility for users of all technical skill levels as well as data analysts. It was acquired by Google in mid-2019 for $2.9 billion.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Looker?
Key differentiators & advantages of Looker
- Real-Time Data: Dashboards and other visualizations update in real time to keep users up to date on the most recent numbers.
- Local Database: This system doesn’t rely on parallel data pipelines or data extracts, but uses an organization’s own proprietary database to collect data.
- Self-Service BI: Users of all technical levels can explore data through the self-serve function, which allows them to refine the automatically generated visualizations. They can create custom dashboards to reflect specific KPIs based on their business’ specific needs.
- Virtual Schema: The solution offers a code-based virtual query-time schema with a live connection to over 35 SQL databases. Data visualizations are kept secure and up-to-date by foregoing data pipelines or extracts.
Industry ExpertiseSome of Looker’s industry specialties are healthcare, the financial sector, technology, software, food and beverage, personnel management, retail, e-commerce and media.
- Automated Modeling: The solution connects to relational databases and automatically generates models from the database schema.
- Intuitive Visualizations: This system generates visualizations in real time directly from the specified data source. It offers an expansive library of visualization options like bar graphs, pie charts, Sankey diagrams, spider web charts, sunburst graphs, chord diagrams, heatmaps, funnels, treemaps and many more.
- Time Zone Handling: Regardless of what time zone data is coming from, this platform incorporates it seamlessly into the visualization.
- LookML Data Modeling Language: The proprietary SQL-based data modeling language LookML lets users create scalable, reusable data models.
- Pre-Built Analytics Code: The Blocks feature offers customizable code blocks that serve as a starting point for building data analytics models. It includes optimized SQL patterns, custom visualization options, pre-built data models and more.
Looker Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail:Email: To request an email from the support center, users can submit a contact request by clicking the “contact us” button on the help center homepage.
phonePhone: Phone: Users cannot call support directly. There is an in-app chat option for administrators and developers who are currently logged into their instance of the solution.
schoolTraining:Training: Through the Looker University program, users can experience a huge variety of training resources. These range from whitepaper documents, videos, webinars, community forums, classroom training and live virtual training. Most of these resources are free, but some incur a fee.
local_offerTickets:Tickets: There is no external ticketing system, and all issues are resolved through the in-app chat or the “contact us” option on the support page. Support is available 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT, 4:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET or 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. GMT and is subject to US and UK holiday observance.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product