What is SPSS?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
The Statistical Package for the Social Sciences, also known as IBM SPSS, was developed by three Stanford students in 1968 and acquired by IBM in 2009. It specializes in text analysis for surveys and helps users transform unstructured text information into quantitative data in order to gain insights. It uses sentiment analysis and natural language processing queries to categorize responses, draw conclusions and integrate results with other survey data.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SPSS?
Key differentiators & advantages of SPSS
- Automate Unstructured Data Analysis: Manually organizing unstructured data like text responses can be incredibly time-consuming. This platform automates and streamlines that process to make gleaning insights from surveys much smoother and faster.
- Reduce Ambiguity: Human language responses can be rife with ambiguities. The solution uses linguistic technologies to reduce these ambiguities and help users uncover patterns in opinion and attitude based on other responses.
- Analyze Data: Helps users organize and analyze data sets in order to draw conclusions and glean insights.
- Improve Customer Retention and Satisfaction: Predictive analytics let users generate models that help them tailor their offerings based on customer’s specified needs in satisfaction surveys.
- Detect Fraud: One module offers fraud analytics that help users uncover anomalies and errors, prevent fraud, as well as take action against potentially fraudulent activities.
- Build Predictive Analytics Platform: Lets users customize the predictive analytics platform to their unique needs.
Specializes in industries that utilize text surveys such as social sciences, higher education, market research, professional services, nonprofits, governments and healthcare providers.
- Segmentation: Identifies, categorizes, labels and processes data to organize it for analysis. Also gives users control over who has access to different data sets.
- Data Mining: Examines large sets of data for patterns or trends.
- Predictive Models: Lets users generate models that use statistics to predict outcomes.
- SEM Hypothesis Testing: Facilitates standard error of means (SEM) and other variable-based hypothesis testing.
- Text Analytics: Uses NLP technology specifically designed to process survey text.
- Initiatives Success Tracking: Tracks changes in data over time and allows users to observe consequences of specific actions.
- Results Sharing: Lets users collaborate on and share results both internally and with clients.
IBM SPSS Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users cannot email support directly. For help, users can either live chat with a representative on the website. For feedback-related emails, users can email [email protected]
phonePhone: Users can contact support at 1-800-IBM-7378.
schoolTraining: The skills gateway offers a huge library of training resources including documents, training courses, in-person classes, videos and more. Users can track their learning and earn certifications. IBM training is also offered through a wide range of third-party providers.
local_offerTickets: Before submitting a ticket, users should navigate the support search bar to see if their issue has been resolved in other resources. If no solution can be found through this method, users can open a case by logging into their user account.