What is Hortonworks?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Hortonworks Data Platform is an open-source data analysis and collection product from Hortonworks. It is designed to meet the needs of small, medium and large enterprises that are trying to take advantage of big data. The company was acquired by Cloudera in 2019 for $5.2 billion.
HDP has a number of features that help it process large enterprise-level volumes, including multi-workload processing, batch processing, real-time processing, governance and more.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Hortonworks?
Key differentiators & advantages of Hortonworks
- Flexible Deployment: Users can enjoy flexible deployment options. On-premise or cloud deployment options are available.
- Gain High-Level Overviews: Because HDP pulls from a diversity of sources, users are able to get a high-level look at their business’s performance from all angles.
- Reach Goals: The software lets users lay out goals clearly and track their progress in hitting their KPIs.
- Powered by Open Source: The product uses well-known and audited open-source frameworks like Hadoop to power its data processing features. Utilizing open source means that the user gets a more secure product.
Hortonworks serves a number of customers across a variety of industries, such as travel, transportation, IT and manufacturing. Major customers of Hortonworks include Zurich Insurance, T-Mobile, Hilton, Micron, Bank of America, Intel and more.
- Multi-Workload Processing: The product is able to handle multiple workloads and other taxing processes such as detailed analysis and report generation — all in parallel processes.
- Real-Time Processing: Users can take advantage of processing in real time, without having to wait for their data to finish compiling.
- Batch Processing: Batch processing is the processing of large quantities of data in large batches, significantly cutting down the time it takes to process information.
- Data Governance: Controlling, managing and distributing data are essential to a modern analytics solution. The software provides a suite of management features for users to take advantage of.
- Dataflow: Dataflow is an all-in-one data crunching feature that streams data and insights in real-time. It delivers actionable intelligence and curated data as it’s being processed.
Hortonworks Data Platform Suite Support
Hortonworks offers three tiers of support: HDP Enterprise, HDP Enterprise Plus and Flex.
mail_outlineEmail:Email support is not available at this time.
phonePhone:Based on the severity of the incident, response time is between 1-8 hours. Users of all tiers receive phone support 24/7.
schoolTraining:All tiers of support can utilize HDP’s self-learning courses.
local_offerTickets:All tiers of support can submit support tickets, though turnaround time varies based on the severity of the issue. Turnaround time is between one hour to one day.