What is Fivetran?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Fivetran is a cloud-native data extraction tool that simplifies and streamlines the data analysis process with a zero-maintenance pipeline that ensures expedient, transparent delivery of data from source to warehouse. Built to empower analysts, it allows users to accelerate analytics and achieve faster time-to-insights without the need for complex engineering, promoting more efficient data-driven decision-making for users of all technical skill levels.
Suitable for small to large companies, it is a public-cloud hosted SaaS available through annual subscriptions, paid via invoice. Pricing is volume based with three tiers of plans, in ascending order of offerings and cost: Starter, Standard and Enterprise.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Fivetran?
Key differentiators & advantages of Fivetran
- Five-Minute Setup: The platform boasts a zero-maintenance configuration process that can have users up and running in 10 clicks.
- Data Simplified: Users can simplify their data stack with streamlined data extraction and preparation processes, allowing for more accurate and efficient access to analytics.
- Optimized Loading: Automatic updates reduce data entry tasks and ensure real-time accuracy across storage facilities. The platform also reduces workloads on cloud data warehouses by putting the brunt of demand on their servers instead of the warehouses’.
- Centralize Data: The solution helps users to extract data from disparate sources and load it into their data warehouse to create a single, cohesive source of truth in the cloud.
- Flexibility: Standing apart from many traditional data tools, Fivetran utilizes ELT (extract, load, transform) over ETL (extract, transform and load). By flipping the last two steps of the process and postponing data transformation, it ensures that stored data won’t be compromised by transformations, allowing users to perform analysis more deliberately and securely.
- Smooth Integrations: Integration with other systems is intuitive and smooth with this platform. Its seamless data sync allows users to draw data from their CRM, ERP or other business solutions as well as a range of cloud data sources, allowing for real-time monitoring.
- Data Security: The system has advanced security features and is compliant with PCI, HIPAA, GDPR and SOC 2 standards. It also encrypts data in motion and at rest, purging data after every sync.
- Built to Scale: The platform helps users navigate a world of exponential data growth, with instantly scalable cloud resources, optimized processes and pricing plans that keep up with companies as they grow.
- Free Trial: Interested buyers can receive a free 14-day trial of the platform to test connectors and features by signing up on the vendor’s website. Users can add up to two sources and set up an unlimited number of connectors for those sources, pointing to one destination. Users interested in adding more sources or destinations can contact the Fivetran sales team for more information.
Industry ExpertiseFivetran assists data-driven companies that benefit from the insights provided by business intelligence. Some of the industries it specializes in serving are e-commerce, retail, software, web services, cybersecurity, financial services, commercial real estate and more.
- Data Connectivity: The solution has data connectors for 100 sources, with the option for users to create their own data connector to APIs not yet natively supported. It directly pulls information from cloud applications. Users can also upload or email files into a cloud storage service and have that data loaded into their warehouse. The system reflects changes made to live files such as Google Sheets.
- Extract Data: The solution connects natively to over 100 SaaS sources, automatically extracting information from those sources after an admin has granted the tool access through OAuth. The system normalizes, cleanses and standardizes data before loading.
- Data Sync: Upon connection, the system performs a historical sync. From there, instead of arduously reloading full data dumps from APIs and databases, the solution optimizes loadings by incrementally updating data sources in batches, with data load time configurable as frequently as five minutes and as infrequent as every 24 hours.
- Load into Cloud Data Warehouses: Fivetran supports modem cloud warehouses like BigQuery, Snowflake, Azure and Redshift.
- Transform Data: The platform preps data, normalizing schemas from APIs, so that it can be analyzed instantly. Transformations always happen in the warehouse so that the raw data is always available alongside the transformed data; data will never be lost and the transformations can be edited and run again on the raw data.
- Alerts: The system notifies users if there are delays or issues in any step of the process.
- Dashboards: Users interact with the platform via dashboards that display information about ELT processes in a visual, easy-to-digest format.
- System Logs: The solution maintains transparency with granular system logs of every sync that users can cross-reference in their own logging system.
- Metadata Management: A suite of policies and procedures allows users to manage the data which describes other data such as file size, date of data creation, tags, titles, authors, etc.
Fivetran Suite Support
Fivetran offers 24/7 technical support. Once Fivetran’s support team receives a support request, a support agent will be assigned to the case and work with the client until the issue is resolved.
Subscribers to the Enterprise plan are guaranteed a faster initial response from a support agent than subscribers to Starter and Standard plans, while response times vary depending on the severity of the support request. Users can check the Support Service Level Agreement for more details.
mail_outlineEmail: To contact support or get more information about Fivetran’s support offerings, users can email [email protected]
phonePhone: Users in North America can call +1(415) 805-2799 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST. Users in the EU, the Middle East or Africa can call +353 086 607 8650 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT.
schoolTraining: Fivetran offers a range of resources for self-training. These include extensive online documentation, including tips on getting started. They also provide case studies, a robust blog, white papers and webinars on their website. At this time, Fivetran does not appear to offer official training courses.
local_offerTickets: Fivetran encourages users to search through the FAQ section on their support portal before submitting a support request. To submit a support ticket, users must log in to their accounts and then access the Fivetran support portal. After submitting tickets, users can view their requests, update tickets and track their progress, as well as monitor requests made by other users at their organization.