What is Dundas BI?
Industry Specialties: Banking and finance, clean tech, construction, education, government, healthcare, high tech, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, mining, non-profit, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, retail, telecom, transport and logistics, utilities
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Dundas BI
- Analyze Data and Predict Trends: Collect data from a range of data sources and generate intuitive data visualizations. Analyze data, identify patterns and predict trends in business.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions: Make more informed decisions about business and implement best practices by utilizing data history and identifying trends.
- Report Creation: Easily create a wide range of report types tailored to fit exact needs by leveraging built-in formulas or using drag-and-drop items.
- Recover Data: Recapture lost work. Quickly restore recently or accidentally deleted dashboards, reports, folders and files from the recycle bin. Auto-save ensures that users never lose their work and always pick up where they left off.
- Easily Format Emails: Improve employee productivity and ensure data security by designing, scheduling and distributing professional work emails from templates in the platform.
- Entirely Web-based: Access from any browser, without needing to download a separate desktop application and publish to a server or service.
- Dashboard View of Visualizations: Create pixel-perfect dashboards with a range of visualization types, including bar graphs, scattergrams, pie charts, line graphs, radar charts, scorecards, trellis charts, maps and more.
- Visualization Recommendations: Discover more insights with smart visualizations and generate recommended data visualizations based on user input and data type. Then, ensure the best interpretation of data by comparing with the next-best visualizations.
- Advanced Visualization Interactivity: Simply drag-and-drop or point-and-click to refine data, interact with multi-dimensional hierarchical data or set up contextual metrics to support period-over-period analysis.
- Report Types: Generate automated or custom reports and perform actions like priority ranking, correlations, clustering, forecasting and report bursting, among others.
- Integrations: Integrate seamlessly with various other software systems via an open-source platform. Choose from over 25 native data connectors and integration APIs, and connect to a range of data sources like OLAP, Big Data, RDBMS, flat files, web services and more.
- Has certain limitations when used with Linux OS
- Use of data cubes requires prior knowledge of data structures
- 3D charts require additional scripting and are not supported out-of-the-box
- User interface can be confusing
- Reduced performance with Internet Explorer
Cost of Ownership
Dundas BI Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Dundas BI is a robust, fast and scalable business intelligence solution that uses the power of data integration and impactful visualizations to display business-critical insights in real time. This solution is web-based and mobile-optimized, allowing users to access, share and analyze data from anywhere and any device with a web connection. Users get a tailored experience based on whether they are end-users or developers, with each user able to access both a personal workspace and a global project for easy collaboration. With diverse data source connectivity and a powerful ETL engine that enables intuitive data transformation, this platform offers easy-to-use graphical tools and seamless SQL integration for novice and experienced coders alike. With a range of out-of-the-box features that the vendor keeps on updating with impressive frequency, it surpasses other BI tools in providing more creative control over visualizations and the ability to use native SQL views as-is. Of the users who reviewed the ease of using this solution, 72% say that the interface is intuitive, whereas others feel that it is confusing, possibly because the platform is built on an open API to enable multiple workflows. Coupled with smart recommendations for data visualizations, an array of predefined configurations help users create visually powerful and insightful dashboards. Many users find it easy to create a multitude of report types, whether multi-page or ad-hoc, with drag-and-drop features, metric sets and data discovery and analysis. Users can automate the entire reporting process by scheduling emails, report bursts and printing. Like dashboards, reports are interactive and users can leverage a combination of the two to convey data more accurately.
Based on 322 reviews:
The Dundas R&D team has been awarded the Users Favorite award based on user ratings and reviews data. The team also received several other honors for Data Visualization, Advanced Analytics, Data Querying, Reporting and Data Visualization. These awards illustrate this product team's excellence in listening to its users and delivering the experience they really need.
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Dundas BI
Pricing for Business Intelligence Tools
A note from Dundas Data Visualization
Dundas BI is a business intelligence software solution with data analytics and dashboard capabilities. It works to empower all individuals – from the business user to the developer – to visualize and analyze any data to make real-time, data-driven decisions that produce results. Our versatile BI platform and our unmatched support are just a couple of the reasons why Dundas BI is the #1 Business Intelligence platform, as rated by real users.
With our software, users don’t need to depend on multiple tools as Dundas BI has a variety of built-in functionalities, agile data flows adapted to the user's skills and fully open APIs. Dundas BI is popular for its comprehensive features such as dashboards, data visualization, reporting, mobile, analytics and integration.