What is Domo?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Domo
- Create a Unified View of All Business Data: Management gets the whole picture through consolidation of a variety of sources in a unified view. Domo acts as a hub between different data sources and systems, connecting live data from cloud platforms and ingesting data from on-premise intranet, from other source systems or directly from a host database. This data is all normalized through a drag-and-drop extract, transform, load layer, offering quick joining and visual sequencing to make unifying data simple.
- Answer Business Questions: Users get immediate, multi-dimensional access to their data in real time through natural query language-based searches. They can ask specific business questions, drill down into data, drill up to view the bigger picture and create visualizations of their findings from a single interface.
- Improve Business Collaboration: Users save time and money by reducing the need for status meetings, improve real-time collaboration, and promote company-wide communication and engagement with data. The system combines quantitative data visualizations with qualitative employee feedback to discover insights and share them immediately through various convenient channels.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions: One of the primary benefits of any BI solution is its ability to help users make data-driven business decisions. Staying on top of trends and patterns in the data also gives your business a competitive edge over competitors who aren’t as agile and prepared to react to patterns in their operations.
- Customize Dashboards and Alerts: If key metrics aren’t where management wants them, representatives can keep a close eye on them by scheduling alerts. The solution will send out emails based on the criteria set for the notification. This helps users stay informed about their business without constantly checking on metrics that aren’t even close to being an issue. Dashboards can also be set to auto-update to incorporate new data, keeping the relevant parties in the loop at all times.
- Intuitive Dashboards: The tool consolidates different datasets — ROI, sales numbers, employee performance or any other KPI you choose to collect — into a single easy-to-read dashboard with drop-down menus separating individual visualizations.
- Easily Create Visualizations: Users can create “cards” with Domo’s proprietary drag-and-drop visualizations. This lets them incorporate a range of data sources in an easy process that even non-technical employees can perform with ease. They can also customize their layout with personalized colors, images and guiding text.
- Bi-Directional Database Connectors: The system draws data from a range of database sources securely and easily, generating multi-dataset reports in a single graphic visualization. Users can manage connections to other software solutions, web-hosted applications like social media, and intranet or on-premise databases.
- ETL Tool: This feature allows users to manipulate data using basic SQL to join data sources, clean data and prepare it for analysis.
- Suggested Visualizations: When users upload their data, the software offers suggested visualizations that its algorithms think would be most appropriate for the specific data. Users can accept these suggestions or ignore them and create their own visualization from the data.
- Employee Management: Users can drive collaborative engagement throughout their organization with Domo Buzz and employee profiles. This allows users to track which employees are attached to individual projects, what they’re working on and what they do for their organization, allowing managers and team members visibility into which people produce which results in their business.
- Mobile Access: The platform offers a native mobile app to put the power of business intelligence into mobile devices. The interface is smooth and offers access to everything you can utilize on the desktop site, so users will be connected any time, anywhere.
- Embedded Analytics: Analytics, visualizations and dashboards can be embedded into proprietary software with full in-platform drill-down capabilities. It supports white-labeling, so a company can use its own branding on the embedded software.
- Because it is cloud-based, it does not offer an offline analysis mode and can be difficult to integrate with largely on-site data
- Has limited capabilities in geographic and geospatial analytics
- Steep learning curve requiring lots of technical knowledge
- Limited functionality with respect to ad hoc reporting
Domo Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Domo
Based on the subscription plan – starter, professional or enterprise (refer pricing section for more details)
Subscription fee includes upfront fee (platform cost) and per-user monthly cost that is billed annually
Included in the subscription cost. Also provides support based on the subscription plan selected:
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Included in the subscription cost|
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Recurring fee is the per-user monthly cost billed annually|
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 948 reviews:
Adam Landefeld and Matt Chandler have kept Domo at the front of the pack this year. Being one of our 10 BI Software Analyst's Picks, they have ensured Domo is best in class when it comes to newer technology like Augmented Analytics as well as more mature technologies like Data Visualization, Security and Advanced Analytics.