What is Domo?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Domo
- Create a Unified View of All Business Data: The solution consolidates data from a variety of sources into a unified view that gives management the whole picture. Domo acts as a hub between different data sources and systems, connecting live data from cloud platforms and ingesting data from on-premise intranet, from other source systems or directly from a host database. This data is all normalized through a drag-and-drop ETL function, offering quick joining and visual sequencing to make unifying data simple.
- Answer Business Questions: Natural query language-based searches give users immediate, multi-dimensional access to their data in real time. They can ask specific business questions, drill down into data, zoom out to view the bigger picture and create visualizations of their findings from a single interface.
- Improve Business Collaboration: Data silos muddy the waters and make businesses less agile, so inter-departmental data visibility and collaboration is one way to improve cooperation throughout an organization. Domo combines quantitative data visualizations with qualitative employee feedback to discover insights and share them immediately through various convenient channels. This saves time and money by reducing the need for status meetings, improves real-time collaboration, and promotes company-wide communication and engagement with data.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions: One of the primary benefits of any BI solution is its ability to help users make data-driven business decisions. Staying on top of trends and patterns in the data also give your business a competitive edge over competitors who aren’t as agile and prepared to react to patterns in their operations.
- Customize Dashboards and Alerts: If key metrics aren’t where management wants them, representatives can keep a close eye on them by scheduling alerts. The solution will send out emails based on the criteria set for the notification. This helps users stay informed about their business without constantly checking on metrics that aren’t even close to being an issue. Dashboards can also be set to auto-update to incorporate new data, keeping the relevant parties in the loop at all times.
- Easily Create Visualizations: Users can create “cards” with Domo’s proprietary drag-and-drop visualizations. This lets them incorporate a range of data sources in an easy process that even non-technical employees can perform with ease. They can also customize their layout with personalized colors, images and guiding text.
Serves a huge variety of different industries; any organization that collects data can (and probably should) use a business intelligence solution. Some of this solution’s specialties include education, services, high tech, healthcare, media and entertainment, nonprofits, hospitality, financial, transportation, retail, manufacturing, telecom and many more.
- Intuitive Dashboards: This BI tool consolidates different data sets — ROI, sales numbers, employee performance or any other KPI you choose to collect — into a single easy-to-read dashboard with drop-down menus separating individual visualizations.
- Bi-Directional Database Connectors: The system draws data from a range of database sources securely and easily, generating multi-dataset reports in a single graphic visualization. Users can manage connections to other software solutions, web-hosted applications like social media, and intranet or on-premise databases.
- ETL Tool: This feature allows users to transform data using basic SQL to join data sources, clean data and prepare it for analysis.
- Suggested Visualizations: When users upload their data, the software offers suggested visualizations that its algorithms think would be most appropriate for the specific data. Users can accept these suggestions or ignore them and create their own visualization from the data.
- Employee Management: You can drive collaborative engagement throughout your organization with Domo Buzz and employee profiles. This allows users to track which employees are attached to individual projects, what they’re working on and what they do for your organization, allowing managers and team members visibility into their team.
- Mobile Access: The platform offers a native mobile app built from the ground up to put the power of business intelligence in the palm of your hand. The interface is smooth and offers access to everything you can utilize on the desktop site, so you’ll be connected any time, anywhere.
- Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not support all SQL queries
- Does not fetch real-time data in reports
- Does not offer functionalities such as dashboard creation and OLAP
- Limited functionality with respect to pivot reports
- Users cannot save filters on cards or collections. A new page or sub-page has to be created each time there is a card or group for the same filter condition
Domo Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Domo
Based on the subscription plan – starter, professional or enterprise (refer pricing section for more details)
Subscription fee includes upfront fee (platform cost) and per-user monthly cost that is billed annually
Included in the subscription cost. Also provides support based on the subscription plan selected:
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Included in the subscription cost|
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Recurring fee is the per user monthly cost billed annually|
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Domo
Pricing for Business Intelligence Tools
The following reviews for Domo are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.