What is SAP Business Objects?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Business Objects
- Real-Time Analysis: Connects to a range of data sources, including other SAP applications, to deliver real-time data and up-to-the-minute updates, so users are never behind the times.
- High-Volume Delivery: Distributes content over a large organization to ensure all users have real-time access to data, visualizations and collaboration.
- Extensive SAP Ecosystem: Integrates and connects seamlessly with other SAP tools through built-in APIs. This extends usability and draws data directly from a range of SAP systems.
- Self Service: Users of all technical levels can manipulate data, explore trends, create visualizations and share them with others without waiting for a data scientist to deliver insights.
- Enterprise-Grade: As one of the largest software providers in the world, it offers a robust solution that can handle the largest, most complex data sets for any size enterprise.
- Intuitive Visualizations: Create a variety of intuitive visualizations from data, making patterns and trends more apparent and transferring information more efficiently than numbers or text reports.
- Better Business Decisions: Historical patterns and data tracking helps identify trends and make accurate predictions for the future. Make data-driven business decisions and implement proven best practices.
- Native Mobile Apps: Take visualization features like charts, reports and more on the go with native iOS and Android apps.
- Pre-Built Data Connectors: Draw data from over 25 pre-set sources such as SAP HANA, Apache, Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera, Impala, Amazon, IBM and many more.
- Integrations: Provides powerful integration capabilities with other applications such as CRM, ERP, web applications and more. Includes SAP tools and others like the Microsoft Suite.
- Data Discovery: Collects, cleans and analyzes data from a variety of sources to help users identify trends and patterns.
- Data Transformation: Converts data between formats and structures — organizes and structures unstructured data into usable information.
- Visualizations: Generates graphical data visualizations such as bar charts, pie graphs, scattergrams, line plots, maps and more.
- Secure Collaboration: Users can securely share visualizations with team members, clients and others through email, web embedding and other platforms.
- Requires a large number of hardware resources
- Recovery is not easy in case of failure
- Less flexible with newer formats of MS Office
- Requires a lot of internal IT support and maintenance
- Not flexible with data input methods or formats
- Limited data visualization capabilities
- State the issue or problem
- Provide the step by step explanation
- Include examples
- Identify Business Impact
- Attach full screenshots, not cropped images
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
SAP Business Objects Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
SAP BusinessObjects is a business intelligence suite that provides real-time insights for making informed decisions through a centralized and scalable platform. Its flexible reporting feature is designed to meet unique needs. It is highly customizable and offers comprehensive integration capabilities. It is a straightforward and easily understandable platform, but many reviewers have noted that it involves a steep learning curve for new users. Slow performance and frequent crashing have been reported when multiple prompts are opening. Also, the implementation process and technical error messages can be annoying to the users.
Based on 1150 reviews: