What is Board?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Board
- All-in-One Platform: The platform combines the best of business intelligence, enterprise performance management, predictive and business analytics and data discovery. Users get important functions like dashboards, forecasting, machine learning, simulation and more all in one product.
- One View: Board unifies data sources into one single logical view and brings all of its functionality into one spot so that users can make the best decisions more efficiently.
- User-Friendly: Its programming-free user interface makes understanding and analyzing data in-depth even easier and simpler for non-technical users.
- In-Memory Performance: Based on proprietary in-memory technology called Hybrid Bitwise Memory Pattern, this software offers high-performance read and write capabilities, speedy data visualizations, simulations and planning processes that enable quick, effective and reliable planning.
- Flexibility: With a variety of deployment options and built-to-spec applications, BOARD allows users the freedom to choose a model and create tools that best fit their business needs.
- Self-Service BI: Business users can become self-sufficient and don’t require help from IT to find the answers they need.
- Server Clustering: Due to BOARD’s in-memory processing, the software can serve workloads to a nearly unlimited number of virtual nodes, ensuring full scalability with read and write support.
- Data Source Connectivity: Users can connect to any data source and enrich their data with this tool, which natively integrates with the Board platform and helps users in data preparation and corporate data governance. A comprehensive set of pre-built data connectors help to minimize the time and effort required to integrate data into the platform, with support for relational databases, cloud applications, Big Data sources and more.
- No Coding Required: The solution provides a programming-free experience, giving everyone access to powerful analytics data.
- Self-Service Data Analysis: Users can quickly create visual analyses from raw data via intuitive drag-and-drop, and then gain even more meaningful insights through data discovery tools. With no need for preconfigured paths or logical hierarchies, BOARD allows users to choose the drill-down path most suitable to their data exploration process.
- Dashboards: Users can generate data visualizations that communicate the message within their metrics, turning numbers into graphics, maps, charts, widgets and tables that represent their data with clarity.
- Real-time Modeling: Modeling capabilities are built into BOARD’s core. They give users the ability to change data models on the fly without impacting users. Potential impacts are then analyzed so that users can plan ahead.
- Granular Security: Board combines data access authorization with application privilege and action permissions to offer security settings that administrators can adjust on an individual, role or group basis.
- Predictive Analytics: Users can model data and simulate unlimited what-if and what-for situations, even on-the-fly, allowing them to evaluate the effects of future trends on business outcomes and the bottom line.
- Pre-Built or Build-Your-Own Applications: Users can choose from a suite of pre-built applications that cover a set of key decision-making processes. Alternatively, they can create their own applications to address their specific needs through a visual and interactive environment called Toolkit, with no coding necessary.
- Powerful Reporting: Export your data in a variety of usable formats, including HTML and CSV.
- Multi-lingual: The software features extensive language capabilities, making it an ideal fit for companies who need to report in multiple languages.
- Deployment Options: This software provides on-premises or cloud-based solutions. The Cloud’s Azure backed model is a SaaS version of BOARD.
- Mobile: Planning doesn’t stop when users go; Board supports mobile data entry and updates in real-time so that mobile workforces can not only perform analyses but also participate in decision-making. In addition to browser-based responsive access, BOARD has native applications for the iPad and Windows that support offline access to data.
- BOARD is extremely configurable. However, drilling down into layers of configuration is a cumbersome task;
- The solution involves a steep learning curve for administrators who need to understand the functionality of the vast and complex system
- Does not offer support for Linux and Mac; available for Windows only
- No native mobile application for Android
- Does not provide detailed documentation and requires better manuals on how to use the program
- Setting up security profiles is a time-consuming process
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
BOARD is a one-of-a-kind platform that combines business intelligence with corporate performance management, and user sentiment shows that those who implement it know that all too well. The ability to integrate a large amount of data, especially from CRM systems, and then centralize that information into one single view gives BOARD a leg up on the competition, according to reviewers. While some find its user interface clunky or outdated, most users find it accessible and easy to navigate, especially because programming knowledge isn’t necessary to perform analysis. A big benefit that BOARD provides lies in its budgeting and forecasting tools - many reviewers say that they use BOARD to plan for the future, with no-coding predictive analytics helping them identify opportunities to act. The main obstacle to user adoption and implementation is a high learning curve. Close to 80% of users say that the limited knowledge base, small user community and sheer complexity of certain functionalities make BOARD a hard tool to pick up. The jury’s out on the quality of BOARD’s technical support, though; some users claim they’ve been subject to long response times, while others say that their experience with support has been positive and fast. Overall, BOARD brings together the insights of business intelligence that fuel decision making with the foresight and proactive approach of corporate performance management, making it a powerful, reliable tool for mid to large-sized companies to impact and improve business outcomes.
Based on 412 reviews:
David A. Carlson has evolved Board International as a best-in-class BI tool. Board International has been recognized as a SelectHub User Favorite based on user ratings and reviews. The product team has fabricated a great version of the software that SelectHub analysts consider remarkable for Advanced Analytics, Reporting and Mobile BI.