What is Infor Birst?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Infor Birst
- Scalability on Demand: The system prevents data bottlenecks caused by data loads that exceed capacity as a business grows. In contrast, Birst is designed to scale as needed through a multi-tenant architecture across a multi-node environment.
- Faster Results: Users can accelerate the analytics delivery process across their entire organization by utilizing automated data analysis technology, cloud architecture and reusable metadata.
- Data Clarity: A semantic layer, a set of shared business definitions, helps even non-technical users understand the meaning of individual KPIs. It offers unique views into data to reduce ambiguity and promote data clarity.
- Self-Service: Employees at all levels of technical skill can explore, analyze and visualize data through the user-oriented UX via drag-and-drop tools.
- Informed Decisions: Users can collect, organize, explore and visualize data to identify trends in their business data. This allows them to better understand their operations and make more data-driven business decisions.
- Predict Future Outcomes: Users can leverage AI to analyze their historical data and generate actionable insights that help them improve their business moving forward.
- Intuitive Visualizations: Through machine learning, the system cleans data and builds understandable visualizations to facilitate interpretation of trends.
- Networked BI: Infor Birst unifies data from every part of an organization, combining IT-managed enterprise data with user-generated data and eliminating data silos. This shared common analytical fabric empowers all users to connect with each other and build collective intelligence.
- Certified Security: The platform uses strict data security protocols and procedures to protect its users and their data in their processes and data centers, which are certified for ISO27001 and SOC II, TYPE II standards and compliant with EU Safe Harbor laws. Data is secure at every degree of detail, down to the row and column level.
- Free Trial: Users can experience Infor Birst for themselves with a free trial, available via sign up through their website.
- Automated Data Refinement: With a patent-pending system, Birst automatically merges data from different sources into one user-ready data storage, optimized for analysis.
- Semantic Layer: An agile semantic layer adds a layer of abstraction between the user and data to reduce data anarchy and boost the trustworthiness of data. This offers a virtual tenant space for users to work with their data privately while staying connected to the network.
- Real-Time Access:The solution directly queries on-premise data sources in real-time, eliminating the need to first extract and then upload data to the cloud.
- Adaptive UX: Intuitive drag-and-drop tools let users create reports and dashboards without coding knowledge. The platform also supports different analytic styles, such as visual discovery and mobile and third-party tools such as Excel, R and Tableau.
- Reusable Rules: The system automatically generates a common architecture without manual intervention based on a reusable set of business definitions.
- Interactive Dashboards: The system includes interactive dashboards that have lasso filters with drill-down capabilities that users can use to explore their data even further.
- Multi-Tenant Cloud Architecture: Infor Infor Birst reduces the overall time spent on repetitive on-premise tasks and speeds insight generation. This system is built in a multi-node environment with a multi-tenant architecture that allows it to scale vertically and horizontally.
- One-Click Data Connectivity: Infor Birst offers an extensive library of pre-built connectors to access existing data.
- Embedded Analytics: The platform provides flexible deployment options that can scale with its clients’ businesses, including embedding, APIs and localization capabilities.
- Machine Learning: The platform learns as users leverage it, and it remembers previous search queries, past visualizations and more. Smart Analytics learns to recognize patterns in data and automatically builds visualizations based on predictive analytics.
- Deployment Options: Infor Birst can be deployed as a SaaS through the cloud or a hybrid deployment where the data resides in-house but Infor Birst’s cloud-based servers run the analytics. Users can also deploy Infor Birst through a virtual appliance that delivers all the benefits of a traditional cloud-hosted SaaS while being locally hosted on-premise or in a private-cloud.
- Mobile App: Infor Birst provides a native mobile application for iOS and Android through which users can access their reports and dashboards.
- Does not provide a mapping feature for location analysis
- Does not support non-English languages
- Less suitable for complex analysis
- Complicated, less user-friendly admin module
- Does not integrate well with Snowflake data warehouse (vs. Looker, Tableau, Power BI and MicroStrategy, which do)
- Support can be lacking in quality and timeliness
- Sometimes lacks synchronization between the database and the front-end
Infor Birst Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Infor Birst:
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Infor Birst Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 321 reviews:
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Infor Birst
Pricing for Business Analytics Tools
Birst is focused on understanding our direct to consumer business. That means understanding customers' purchase behavior and understanding the inventory we need to sustain the demand we see on our direct channel.
A note from Birst, an Infor company
[Infor] Birst is unique amongst BI and analytics platforms in that it was designed from day one to be a full-stack or unified data and analytics platform built for the cloud. Using patented augmented data management and analytics, Birst dramatically speeds up the process of deploying analytics and at the same time reduces the total cost of ownership.
Central to Birst’s core philosophy of supporting both centralized and decentralized BI teams is an agile semantic layer which ensures that everybody in the organization works from the same governed metrics while the unique concept of ‘networked BI’ ensures that users can blend their edge data with the centrally managed, highly-governed data sets for true data-as-a-service.
Finally, because your technology landscape is unique to your organization, Birst supports public cloud, private cloud, and on-premises deployment and on-premises or cloud data sources.