What is Infor Birst?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Infor Birst
- Scalability on Demand: Prevents data bottlenecks caused by data loads that exceed capacity as business grows by scaling as needed through a multi-tenant architecture across a multi-node environment.
- Faster Results: Delivers faster analytics across the entire organization by utilizing automated data analysis technology, cloud architecture and reusable metadata.
- Data Clarity: Promote data clarity and reduce ambiguity by offering unique views into data to help everyone, regardless of technical expertise. Better understand the meaning of individual KPIs via the semantic layer, a set of shared business definitions.
- Self-Service: Gives employees at all levels of technical skill self-service tools, such as drag-and-drop, to explore, analyze and visualize data through the user-oriented UX.
- Informed Decisions: Make more data-driven business decisions by better understanding operations. Identify trends in business data by collecting, organizing, exploring and visualizing data.
- Predict Future Outcomes: Generate actionable insights by leveraging AI to analyze historical data and improve business moving forward.
- Intuitive Visualizations: Easily interpret trends by cleaning data and building understandable visualizations through machine learning.
- Networked BI: Builds collective intelligence. Combines IT-managed enterprise data with user-generated data and eliminates data silos, unifying data from every part of an organization.
- Certified Security: Secures data at every degree of detail, down to the row and column level. Employs strict data security protocols and procedures to protect data in processes and data centers, which are certified for ISO27001 and SOC II, TYPE II standards and compliant with EU Safe Harbor laws.
- Free Trial: Try it hands-on via a free trial.
- Automated Data Refinement: Automatically merge data from different sources into one user-ready data storage and optimize it for analysis.
- Semantic Layer: Boosts trustworthiness of data and reduces data anarchy by adding an agile semantic layer between the user and data. Work with data privately while staying connected to the network via a virtual tenant space.
- Real-time Access: Directly query on-premise data sources in real-time, eliminating the need to first extract and then upload data to the cloud.
- Adaptive UX: Create reports and dashboards without coding knowledge via intuitive drag-and-drop tools. Supports different analytic styles, such as visual discovery, and mobile, and third-party tools such as Excel, R and Tableau.
- Reusable Rules: Automatically generates a common architecture based on a reusable set of business definitions without manual intervention.
- Interactive Dashboards: Explore data even further via interactive dashboards that have drill-down capabilities such as lasso filters.
- Multi-Tenant Cloud Architecture: Scales vertically and horizontally with a multi-tenant architecture built on a multi-node environment. Speeds insight generation by reducing the overall time spent on repetitive on-premise tasks.
- One-Click Data Connectivity: Access existing data with one click via its extensive library of pre-built connectors.
- Embedded Analytics: Scale with clients’ businesses via flexible deployment options including embedding, APIs and localization capabilities.
- Machine Learning: Recognizes patterns in data via Smart Analytics and automatically builds visualizations based on predictive analytics. Learns over time, and remembers previous search queries, past visualizations and more.
- Deployment Options: Deploy as a SaaS through the cloud or go hybrid, keeping data in-house but running analytics through cloud-based servers. Or, deploy through a virtual appliance that delivers all the benefits of a traditional cloud-hosted SaaS while being locally hosted on-premise or in a private-cloud.
- Mobile App: Access reports and dashboards via its native mobile application for iOS and Android.
- Does not provide a mapping feature for location analysis
- Does not support non-English languages
- Less suitable for complex analysis
- Complicated, less user-friendly admin module
- Does not integrate well with Snowflake data warehouse (vs. Looker, Tableau, Power BI and MicroStrategy, which do)
- Support can be lacking in quality and timeliness
- Sometimes lacks synchronization between the database and the front-end
Access to support services depends on the platform subscription — the Professional plan comes with Basic support, while the Enterprise subscription has two tiers of support: Standard and Priority. Standard includes break-fix support for issues arising out of using the Birst platform, whereas Priority involves more proactive support as well as access to a learning management system and a quarterly upgrade readiness consultation.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Infor Birst Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 336 reviews:
The Infor Birst team has been awarded SelectHub’s best-in-class Augmented Analytics Award for 2020. The team has also received accolades in the domain of advanced technologies, including Data Visualization, Data Querying and Mobile BI. SelectHub analysts have recognized the team’s capability to provide the best BI tool that elevates user’s experience.
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Infor Birst
Pricing for Business Intelligence Tools
Birst is focused on understanding our direct to consumer business. That means understanding customers' purchase behavior and understanding the inventory we need to sustain the demand we see on our direct channel.
A note from Infor, Inc.
[Infor] Birst is unique amongst BI and analytics platforms in that it was designed from day one to be a full-stack or unified data and analytics platform built for the cloud. Using patented augmented data management and analytics, Birst dramatically speeds up the process of deploying analytics and at the same time reduces the total cost of ownership.
Central to Birst’s core philosophy of supporting both centralized and decentralized BI teams is an agile semantic layer which ensures that everybody in the organization works from the same governed metrics while the unique concept of ‘networked BI’ ensures that users can blend their edge data with the centrally managed, highly-governed data sets for true data-as-a-service.
Finally, because your technology landscape is unique to your organization, Birst supports public cloud, private cloud, and on-premises deployment and on-premises or cloud data sources.