What is Birst?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Birst aims to help users explore their data and easily discover insights without the need for data analyst input. It uses consistent business metrics to structure raw data into organized sets and visualizations. It helps users identify patterns and better understand their organization’s KPIs.
This system offers a seamless, integrated UI that allows users to perform every step of the data analysis process in a single interface, blurring the line between modules and enabling a smooth experience.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Birst?
Key differentiators & advantages of Birst
- Faster Results: Users can accelerate the analytics delivery process across their entire organization by utilizing automated data analysis technology, cloud architecture and reusable metadata.
- Data Clarity: A semantic layer, a set of shared business definitions, offers unique views into data to reduce ambiguity and promote data clarity. This helps even non-technical users understand the meaning of individual KPIs.
- Self-Service: Employees at all levels of technical skill can explore, analyze and visualize data through the user-oriented UX via drag-and-drop tools.
- Business Insights: Users can collect, organize, explore and visualize data to identify trends in their business data. This allows them to make predictions, better understand their operations and make more informed data-driven business decisions.
- Scalability: The system is designed to scale through a multi-tenant architecture across a multi-node environment. This prevents data bottlenecks caused by data loads that exceed the system’s capacity as a business grows.
- Intuitive Visualizations: Through machine learning, the system cleans data and builds easily interpretable visualizations to facilitate easy interpretation of trends.
- Collaboration: Networked analytics let individual users connect with teams, departments and clients to collaborate on reports. They can share insights and network on business data through an enriched sandbox architecture.
Industry ExpertiseBirst serves all industries that need to collect and interpret business data in order to make more informed decisions. It specializes in food and beverage, financial services, healthcare, government, HR services, technology, telecommunications, media and entertainment, sales and many more.
- Reusable Business Rules: The system automatically generates a common architecture without manual intervention based on a reusable set of business definitions.
- Cloud Architecture: Modern cloud architecture reduces repetitive on-premise tasks and speeds up the timeline to insights.
- Drag-and-Drop Interface: Intuitive drag-and-drop tools let users create dashboards without coding.
- Multi-Tenant Architecture: This system is built in a multi-node environment with multi-tenant architecture that allows it to scale linearly.
- Machine Learning: The platform learns as users leverage it and remembers previous search terms, past visualizations and more. It learns to recognize patterns in data and automatically builds graphical depictions to facilitate interpretation.
- Semantic Layer: An agile semantic layer adds a layer of abstraction between the user and data to reduce data anarchy. This offers a virtual tenant space for users to work with their data privately while staying connected to the network.
- Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not support embedded analytics within customer applications
- Does not provide a mapping feature for location analysis
- Does not support non-English languages
- Less suitable for complex analysis
- Sometimes lacks synchronization between the database and the front-end
Birst Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can email information at [email protected] or request contact through the “Contact Us” support page.
phonePhone: To get live phone support, users can call 866-940-1496.
schoolTraining: Users have access to a range of tutorial material, including a hands-on guide, videos, webinars, a blog and a community that creates forums and other resources.
local_offerTickets: Depending on whether users subscribe to the standard or priority support packages, they have access to different options. Both can submit tickets through the support portal 24/5 (any weekday). Priority support subscribers also get weekend support for high priority cases and have access to individual attention from a consultant during developer support hours.
Cost of Ownership for Birst:
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements or services chosen|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|