What is SAS Business Analytics?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAS Business Analytics
- Cross-Functionality: Designed from the ground up to work for any situation in any business, SAS Business Analytics can increase customer value, measure risk and optimize networks.
- Advanced Analytics: Measure your success and expose threats with the advanced analytics suite provided by the software. By leveraging predictive, prescriptive and descriptive analytics, the product enables decisionmakers to make data-informed decisions.
- Data Management: Combine data access, integration, quality management and more into one interface. SAS Business Analytics is built around data governance and other compliance features.
- Industry Solutions: The product provides unique insights tailor-made for user-specific industries. Examples include credit risk, getting drugs to market faster and identifying opportunities in retail.
SAS Business Analytics serves a variety of industries, not just those in the IT space. Clients include Honda, Discover, Bank of America, World Wildlife Foundation and Nestle. SAS is used by 94% of the Fortune Global 100.
- In-Memory Analytics: Built for significant workloads, in-memory analytics enables fast response times and quick data processing. Large datasets can be quickly sorted, filtered and parsed, significantly cutting down on processing time.
- Visual Data Exploration: SAS Business Analytics lets you visually explore relationships so users can find links quickly. Visual exploration takes into account source and data progression, enabling users to track data intake and customer journeys efficiently.
- AI Capabilities: AI is built into every SAS product, enabling automated insights and reporting. AI can automatically generate new discoveries as well as alert users to changes and discrepancies in the data.
- Deploy Real-time Analytics Everywhere: Deploy powerful real-time analytics to desktop and mobile devices, enriching user data pools. Every decisionmaker has access to a diverse set of data.
- SAS Business Intelligence and Analytics solution does not support API
- The solution entails a fairly high license cost, which makes it unsuitable for small and medium-sized businesses
- Reporting capabilities of SAS Business Analytics do not include automated report scheduling functionality
- The solution is rich in terms of features, but the learning curve is steep for beginners/users
- The solution does not offer predictive analysis and trend indicator functionality
SAS Business Analytics Suite SupportSAS offers three tiers of support for its products: standard, premium and elite. With premium, you get all the benefits of standard, along with an enhanced service-level agreement and access to a technical support engineer. Elite contains all the benefits of standard and premium in addition to unlimited access to e-courses, major incident management, out-of-hours support and more.
Cost of Ownership for SAS Business Analytics:
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Cost is dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Training Cost||Provides free e-Learning and online demos|