What is SAP Business Analytics?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Business Analytics
- Make Confident Business Decisions: SAP Analytics facilitates data-driven decision-making via business intelligence, augmented analytics and collaborative planning features that help users work together to identify opportunities in data.
- Empower Employees With Data: Employees of all levels have role-appropriate access to proprietary data with the SAP business analytics suite. This reduces data silos and promotes data literacy throughout the organization.
- Plan Collaboratively: Management can improve planning alignment between departments and tap into their organization’s collective knowledge to make cohesive decisions based on collaborating.
- Turn Data into Value: SAP Analytics connects people, information and ideas to promote quick, confident decision-making based on insights drawn from the organization’s unique proprietary data.
- Streamline Analytics: SAP business analytics integrates with existing data platforms and sources to simplify the analytics processes and streamline points A through Z.
SAP Analytics is designed to serve organizations in any industry, but has a proven track record in financial services, manufacturing, retail, utilities, consumer products, HR, IT, supply chain and marketing.
- Data Warehousing: SAP data warehouse cloud combines data from disparate sources in real time and processes it into a single secure, accessible database for analysis. It simplifies data access by storing and delivering rich semantic information via the cloud.
- Augmented Insights: Users can discover reasons for past results by identifying patterns in the data and use these insights to accelerate growth. AI and machine learning simulate future scenarios and let them predict outcomes based on specified inputs in data modeling environments.
- Customized Environment: SAP HANA provides multiple tenant databases that ensure completely unique instances of the software, even within an organization. It integrates data from a variety of sources and offers advanced customization options to meet organizations’ unique needs.
- Real-Time Processing: SAP BW/4HANA ensures real-time processing of high-volume data via an intuitive user interface. Users can perform simplified data modeling to uncover insights and make predictions.
- Centralized Planning: SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP integrated business planning offer real-time scenario simulations, predictive analytics, embedded analytics and reporting functions that connect business planning processed across locations in the cloud.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Requires large amount of hardware resources
- Recovery is not easy in case of failure
- Less flexible with new format of MS Office
- Requires a lot of internal IT support and maintenance
- Limited data visualization capabilities
SAP Analytics Suite Support
Cost of Ownership
Cost Structure for SAP Business Analytics Suite:
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Subscription Cost for SAP Business Analytics Suite||
|SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Premium – License (For large enterprises)||
|SAP BusinessObjects BI, Edge edition – License (For medium sized business)||
|SAP Predictive Analytics||
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Business Plan||
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Enterprise Plan||
||Pricing available on request only|
|SAP Business Objects Lumira: Standard Edition||
|SAP Business Objects Lumira: Desktop Edition||
|SAP Crystal Report||
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription-based and Licensing Model|
|Minimum Commitment||SAP Business Objects:
- On-premise: Minimum 10 users and yearly commitment
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Minimum 20 users and quarterly payment
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Yes (30 Days)|