What is SAP Business Analytics?
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Business Analytics
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis - Gain insights faster, Filter and manipulate data, identify trends and outliers, and share findings – with easy-to-use data analysis within the familiar Microsoft Office environment. - SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence The SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) platform is a flexible and scalable information infrastructure designed to help you more easily discover and share insights for better business decisions.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards - SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards offers users personalized, drag-and-drop functionality and interactive gauges, charts, and widgets – for instant access to clear, understandable metrics. - SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio Create scalable, multi-dimensional visualizations for your dashboards and BI apps – to put timely, actionable information at your decision makers’ fingertips – with SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio.
- SAP BusinessObjects Explorer - SAP BusinessObjects Explorer combines the simplicity and speed of Internet search with the analytical power of business intelligence – for faster, more informed decision making. Leverage intuitive, self-service data exploration with stunning visualizations, and easily share insights across your organization.
- SAP Crystal Reports - Turn information from almost any data source into a sophisticated, interactive report – easily – with SAP Crystal Reports for small business.
- SAP Crystal Server - SAP Crystal Server, a core BI software for small business, delivers reports, dashboards, and data exploration within a secure and managed infrastructure.
- SAP Identity Analytics - With SAP Identity Analytics, you can create analytical reports and add functionality that allows you to take action on the analytical data.
- SAP Lumira - Use SAP Lumira data visualization tools to combine data, analyze trends, and share valuable business intelligence (BI) in an engaging and effective way.
- SAP Predictive Analytics - SAP Predictive Analytics software brings predictive insight to business users, analysts, data scientists, and others in your company. By automating the building and management of sophisticated models to deliver insight in real time, this software makes it easier to make better, more profitable decisions across the enterprise.
Cost Structure for SAP Business Analytics Suite:
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Subscription Cost for SAP Business Analytics Suite||
|SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Premium – License (For large enterprises)||
|SAP BusinessObjects BI, Edge edition – License (For medium sized business)||
|SAP Predictive Analytics||
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Business Plan||
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Enterprise Plan||
||Pricing available on request only|
|SAP Business Objects Lumira: Standard Edition||
|SAP Business Objects Lumira: Desktop Edition||
|SAP Crystal Report||
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription-based and Licensing Model|
|Minimum Commitment||SAP Business Objects:
- On-premise: Minimum 10 users and yearly commitment
- Cloud-based/SaaS: Minimum 20 users and quarterly payment
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Yes (30 Days)|
*SAP BusinessObjects Cloud is now SAP Analytics Cloud
Some of the product limitations include:
- Requires large amount of hardware resources
- Recovery is not easy in case of failure
- Less flexible with new format of MS Office
- Requires a lot of internal IT support and maintenance
- Limited data visualization capabilities
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99/user/month
SAS Business Analytics: Starting at $1,365 per month for mentioned user capacity
IBM Watson Analytics: Starting at $30/user/month