What is Spotfire?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Spotfire
- Scale for Large (or Small) Enterprises: TIBCO Spotfire is built for large organizations, and is built to handle the needs of large enterprises. It also scales well to small organizations, keeping the software flexible and keeping users in control of their data.
- Built for the Individual: This software is built with the individual analyst in mind, with Spotfire desktop handling insights and data discovery versus an analyst deriving their own insights from intel.
- Stay on Top of Your Future: Spotfire is equipped with advanced predictive analytics tools that help your enterprise stay agile in a constantly evolving business space.
- Solve Tough Problems: The product is tailored to non-technical users and lets them combine geographical data, big data, and more, to solve any problem.
- Access to the TIBCO Community: The TIBCO Spotfire community churns out e-learning courses, wiki entries, and even freely distributed dashboards for businesses to utilize.
Spotfire is deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world. The program works across various industries and has footholds in the manufacturing sphere, the IT space, finance and more. Major brands that use this tool include JetBlue, Bank of Montreal and Mercedes.
- Location Analytics: Spotfire offers robust locational analytics. Utilize geocoding, reverse geocoding and multi-layered maps right out-of-the-box.
- Real-Time Streaming Analytics: Create interactive dashboards and integrate with the IoT, social messaging and more, with real-time and historical data. Keep on top of constantly changing data.
- Visual Analytics: With colorful dashboards and an intuitive UI, Spotfire’s visual analytics capabilities make it easy to find see data as it becomes relevant, and generate insights on the fly.
- Intelligent Data Wrangling: Automatically find data outliers, deficits and discrepancies, and then analyze that data to discover the underlying cost.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Calculating custom fields in Spotfire is fairly difficult when compared to MS Excel. Users need to manually calculate data in the Spotfire tool
- Does not offer robust metadata functionality
- Difficult to customize visualizations and drill down into data sets for a more granular view
- Does not let users specify custom SQL instructions when accessing a data source
- Difficult to write and understand Spotfire coding
TIBCO Spotfire Support SuiteTIBCO offers various support options for its customers, as well as training resources.
|Customization Cost||For both types of deployments, cost will vary depending on the modules selected and the level of customization or add-ons required for developing or enhancing an existing product feature or module|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Spotfire
The following reviews for Spotfire are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.