What is Tableau Big Data Analytics?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Tableau Big Data Analytics
- Gain a Clear Picture: With Tableau Big Data Analytics, all of a user's data is presented in the same view, therefore providing a sharper image of a business.
- Optimized Connections: Generate reports for last-minute meetings in minutes — no coding needed. Some clients report a more than 60% reduction in report preparation time, saving many hours and resources.
- Democratize Data: The platform pulls data from multiple sources and departments, allowing each segment of a business to be represented in the numbers.
Tableau serves customers across all business sectors, as opposed to other platforms that only focus on the IT space. Major clients of Tableau include Charles Schwab, Lufthansa, Michigan Medicine and PepsiCo.
- Plug in Your Data: Tableau Big Data Analytics lets users plug in data from a variety of sources across the entire enterprise or from web sources such as Google Analytics.
- One Interface for All Data: Tableau consolidates all of a user's data into one powerful interface.
- Connect to Big Data Seamlessly: This program allows users to connect with Apache Hadoop, NoSQL and more to enrich data.
- The program is vast and contains a huge amount of functionalities, which can result in a steep learning curve for beginners
- Does not support features such as embedded BI, data preparation and metadata management
- Companies are dependent on Tableau to maintain servers and to provide continuous support for any issues
- Does not support predictive analytics functionality to uncover hidden data relationships
- Visualization functionality is not intuitive when compared with similar competitor products
- Tableau software showcases challenges when interpreting complex business rules
Tableau Big Data Analytics Suite SupportTableau offers three different tiers of support for customers: standard, extended and premium support.
Cost of Ownership for Tableau Big Data Analytics
|Maintenance Cost||Cost is included in the price of subscription license. This feature includes ongoing updates, access to Tableau’s ongoing product upgrades and support services at no additional charge|
|Customization Cost||The custom version cannot be requested. Instead, users can do limited customizations on their own, such as:
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
The price will vary depending on the type of training opted for. Options include live online training, classroom training, eLearning and certification programs.
Tableau provides free training videos, whitepapers and product demos for streamlining the implementation process.Two types of training can be obtained:
Web Authoring training costs $700 per person
eLearning is a year-long subscription that gives users access to two courses:
The cost of Tableau Certification varies depending on the type of course that a user takes
Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid annually, based on the number of users
Regular support services are built into the subscription price. However, professional services, such as on-site consulting, are add-on expenses