What is Pentaho Data Integration?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industriesPentaho Data Integration (PDI), also known as “Kettle,” is part of the larger Pentaho Open Source Suite. PDI has numerous features, but topping the list is its approach to data integration, which allows users to define integration jobs and alternative transformations. Kettle takes a code-free approach and instead opts for visual tools and is known for its easy integration.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Pentaho Data Integration?
Key differentiators & advantages of Pentaho Data Integration
- Integrate With Big Data: Kettle has pre-built formulas and codes to help make integrating with large, pre-existing data libraries a breeze.
- Increase Efficiency: Because Data Integration’s templates are reusable, users can save time by creating a nearly unlimited amount of transformations via a simple, intuitive graphical user interface.
- Drive Consistent Growth: Kettle is multi-threaded, giving users the ability to scale their data with the growth of their business. This includes deployment in the cloud or on-premise cluster environments.
- Administer Data Efficiently: Performance monitoring, rollback and restart, as well as an operations market give users greater control over their data, and its quality.
- Keep Data Safe and Flexible: Users can manage data in on-premise, hybrid and cloud environments. Kettle lets users remain insulated from big-data changes that could potentially harm user data.
Pentaho serves around 7,316 customers in diverse fields such as computer software, IT, staffing and recruiting, hospital and healthcare as well as financial services.
- Spoon: This ETL tool offers data modeling, transformations, elementary data flows and data jobs for developers.
- Pan and Kitchen: Models created in spoon can be executed and transformed in these code-free environments.
- Carte: This simple web server runs and monitors data integration tasks throughout PDI.
- Data Agnostic Architecture: Kettle supports a variety of languages, engines and interfaces, including Hadoop, NoSQL and other analytics databases from vendors.
- Blend Big Data With Traditional Data: Data Integration is built to pull data from big data sources, and combine them seamlessly with traditional data sources, such as retail analytics or internally harvested data.
- Test Models With Code: Kettle is able to create and test models using statistical languages such as R or Python, or using libraries like Apache Spark, MLlib and Weka.
- Embeddable Models: Without having to know code, Data Integration allows users to easily analyze results by embedding self-learning models into data sources.
mail_outlineEmail: To email technical support, users should include their site ID or company name, including their city, state and country. If applicable, they should also include the serial number of the afflicted device. This service is also available 24/7.
phonePhone: Customers can contact the Global Support Center 24/7, 365 days of the year. By visiting support.hitachivantara.com, users can locate the “contact us” page and view support options.
schoolTraining: Pentaho has two tiers of training. One of them is instructor-led, and the other is self-paced. Instructor-led training must be signed up for in advanced, whereas self-paced can be completed at any time. Pentaho also offers a professional certification program.