What is Pentaho Data Integration?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industriesPentaho Data Integration (PDI), also known as “Kettle”, is an intelligence program, which is part of the larger Pentaho Open Source Business Intelligence Suite. Kettle is well known for its ease of quick adoption.PDI has numerous features, but topping the list is its approach to data integration, which allows users to define integration jobs and alternative transformations. Kettle takes a code-free approach and instead opts for visual tools.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Pentaho Data Integration?
Key differentiators & advantages of Pentaho Data Integration
- Integrate With Big Data: Kettle has pre-built formulas and codes to help make integrating with large, pre-existing data libraries a breeze.
- Increase Efficiency: Because Data Integration’s templates-= are reusable, users can save time by creating a nearly unlimited amount of transformations, all with a simple, intuitive graphical user interface.
- Remain Consistent With Growth: Kettle is multi-threaded, giving users the ability to scale their data with the growth of their business. This includes deployment in the cloud in on-premise cluster environments.
- Simple Administration: Performance monitoring, rollback and restart, as well as an operations market give users greater control over their data, and its quality.
Pentaho serves customers in diverse fields. Major customers include Bank of America, Brussels Airport, College Bound Network, Marketo, Mozilla, Nasdaq and more. Pentaho serves around 7,316 customers in fields such as computer software, IT, staffing and recruiting, hospital and healthcare as well as financial services.
- Flexible: Manage data in on-premise, hybrid and cloud environments. Kettle lets users remain insulated from big-data changes that could potentially harm user data.
- Data Agnostic: Kettle supports a variety of languages, engines and interfaces, including Hadoop, NoSQL and other analytics databases from vendors.
- Code-free Creation: Providing a code-free creation environment is where Kettle excels. Users can create data models and reports with a bevy of visual tools.
- Blend Big Data With Traditional Data: Data Integration is built to pull data from big data sources, and combine them seamlessly with traditional data sources, such as retail analytics or internally harvested data.
- Test Models With Code: Kettle is able to create and test models using statistical languages such as R or Python or using libraries like Apache Spark, MLlib and Weka.
- Embeddable Models: Without having to know code, Data Integration allows users to easily analyze results by embedding self-learning models into data sources.
mail_outlineEmail: To email technical support, users should include their site ID or company name, including their city, state and country. If applicable, they should also include the serial number of the afflicted device. This service is also available 24/7.
phonePhone: Customers can contact the Global Support Center 24/7, 365 days of the year. By visiting support.hitachivantara.com, users can locate the “contact us” page and view support options.
schoolTraining: Pentaho has two tiers of training. One of them is instructor-led, and the other is self-paced. Instructor-led training must be signed up for in advanced, whereas self-paced can be completed at any time. Pentaho also offers a professional certification program.